Friday 26 February 2016

Hoping to have a Splendid Time

A quick post update for the weekend.

The green and purple Siblings Together quilt is almost complete, just the binding to stitch down and I have a bluepatch fairy who has offered to do that.


I'm not sure what it is about quilters and how easy it is for us to be seduced by the lure of a NEW project. On Instagram I eventually (I'm a bit slow) became aware of others posting blocks from The Splendid Sampler so I nipped over to the website to have a look. It's a sew a long Sampler dreamed up by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidosn and together with many guest designers they are posting 2 blocks a week for 50 weeks. What's not to like.
The blocks will cover many different techniques, the individual designers offer advice and tutorials on their blogs and the blocks will finish at 6".
So, of course, I jumped in................and have made the first block - there have only been 4 so far, so still time to join in.


Have a great weekend.


1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...