Thursday 1 October 2015

Stuffing, Stitchin', Scarves..........& Snot!

Sorry, my title was purely in the interests of alliteration and too good to pass up.

Since I last posted, my classes are now well underway - we have completed the first 2 projects of our Sew A Long.
Project 1 was an EPP Baby Ball, made using pentagons and one of the first EPP objects that I ever tackled. It really wasn't about the ball, more an intro for some to the technique. One or two came kicking and screaming but ended up enjoying the process. I resisted EPP myself for so long I wanted to show that it can be a fun technique that can be portable & enjoyable. Here are just a few of the finished balls.
Project 2 was an infinity scarf, nothing to do with patchwork and quilting - this took a few out of their comfort zone as we tackled slippy, stretchy and very fine fabrics. Good to have a challenge though, isn't it, and I think everyone was surprised how quick and easy they are to put together. Here are some of my lovely ladies, having completed their scarves within class time, always a bonus.
Well done ladies, so far, so good. (laughing with menace!!)
Over the next two weeks we are having Mini Jelly Roll Races in class, look forward to reporting back.
So that covers the stuffin' and scarves, what about the stitchin'? Well what else could it be other than the fabulous Stitch Gathering in Edinburgh last Sunday. I take my hat off to Jo & Jonathan for pulling off this great event, it has grown from strength to strength and has become a wonderfully sociable, sewing get together. This was year three and I have been lucky enough to teach each year - this year I reprised my Mega Pinnie to a very full class and then in the afternoon did the very opposite to the Mega Pinnie by demonstrating the Mini Teacup Pinnie, a lovely quick project to round off the day.
I have only a few photos to show but am sure if you visit the SG website you will find lots more, or try Instagram #stitchgathering2015. I had such a good day, made all the more special by meeting up with online Bee Buddies, Nicky for the first time ever.

The final picture, above right, shows the amazing Goody Bag received at the Stitch Gathering - I'd like to take a minute just to list all the sponsors who made these possible, it was a super selection of goodies made possible by the generosity of the following -

Aurifil - threads
Nairns - biscuits, yummy & low cal!
Pilot - Frixion pen
Coats - patterns, needles & thread
Dear Stella - fabric FQ
Love Patchwork & Quilting - Magazine
DMC - embroidery thread
Duck Egg Threads - Liberty hexie pack
Michael Miller fabrics - fabric FQ
Cloud 9 fabrics - fabric FQ
Blend fabrics - 8 FQ bundle
Anbo - 4 FQ bundle
Lewis and Irene - fabric FQ
Soak - sample sachet

and finally.......woke up Monday morning, wheezing and coughing, the penalties of having nursery age grandchild!! No further explanation required, nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. I love all those mega pinnies (although that still makes me think of aprons not pin cushions!) and it looks like SG was a terrific day. Hope you feel better by now xx

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...